New Outlook is a Danish-Jewish peace organisation deeply concerned
with the survival of the state of Israel and with the survival of Judaism’s humanistic-ethical values.
New Outlook advocates:
- National self-determination for Jews and Palestinians.
- An independent Jewish state and an independent Palestinian
state, existing side by side in peaceful coexistence.
- That Israel adheres to the principles in the country's declaration of independence
regarding full and equal democratic rights for all inhabitants regardless of religion or ethnicity.
- That all Middle-Eastern states respect
international human rights conventions as well as international humanitarian law.
- That the conflict in the Middle East be resolved through
dialogue, negotiation and non-violent means.
As a solution to the present conflict between Israel and the Palestinians, we support
both the international “Roadmap for Peace”, which among other things demands a freeze of settlement activities on Palestinian land, as well as The Geneva Initiative, which is agreed upon by peace-loving Israelis and Palestinians and includes the
- The establishment of an independent, sovereign and viable Palestinian state next to Israel
with a complete mutual recognition of the two states.
- The border between the two states will be drawn mainly along the pre-1967-war borders,
with a small land swap on a 1:1 basis.
- Jerusalem will be divided between the states administratively rather than physically, and an International
Force will safeguard access for everyone to the holy sites of the city.
- A solution of the Palestinian refugee problem, based on a package
that offers the return to Israel for a limited number of refugees, repatriation to the Palestinian State, relocation to third countries and financial compensation.
New Outlook concerns itself with
- The Israel-Palestine conflict.
- The current public debate in Israel.
- Combating racism and supporting human rights.
- Jewish history and culture.
New Outlook supports and cooperates with:
- The Israeli peace movement and the Israeli left, the human rights organisation B'Tselem and all others who work to secure that human rights conventions
and international law are observed.
- All relevant initiatives promoting dialogue and cooperation between Jews and Palestinians in Denmark
and the Middle East.
- Broad-minded groups and groups working against bigotry and racism in Denmark.
- Danish Jews working to make the Danish-Jewish community more open, tolerant and pluralistic.
Membership in New Outlook is open to all — Jews as well as non-Jews — who share these values.